Wednesday 2 April 2014

Louvre Catastrophe

Alyshia Holmes
221B Baker St.
London, England
V2A 7T7

April 2, 2014

Inspector Clouseau
Chief of Police
123 Rue Justice
Paris, France
1A2 R3T

Dear Inspector Clouseau:
I would like to start by sending my deepest and most sincere apologies to the family of Ada Artlover. When I had the brief honor of speaking with her I saw that she was a truly kindhearted women. The tragic loss of her life shall stay with me forever and I hope the family will one day forgive me. As for my decision to save the Mona Lisa instead of Ada I must say it was the most formidable circumstance one could ever be put in. The fire happened so quickly that I made a life altering decision in a second. A choice I never thought I would have to make and one I would never wish upon anyone to make in their lives. It seemed logical and almost instinctively to save the Mona Lisa. This painting is a monumental part of our history and should last for hundreds of more years for many generations to savor. I saved an item of historical importance that day and I believe that was the right judgement to make.

The Mona Lisa is also the painting that started an era of new skill and standards that we still use today. It is a revolutionary painting that introduced ideas such as the 'Three-Quarter Pose' and the 'Atmospheric Perspective'. Artists even in this day and age use DaVinci's creative approach. I believe that this most certainly makes the painting worth saving. Though, do not think for a second that I do not value Ada Artlover. She was a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. I think Ada, 92 as she was, would of understood my decision to save such a relic. Ada was near the end of her days anyway where as the Mona Lisa can forever live on.

In addition, the Mona Lisa is worth millions of dollars. Though, many people would say it is priceless and I for the matter agree. Such a wealthy item being lost would of been catastrophic. A logical choice would be to save the costly painting. Imagine the Louvre and art organizations loosing it. I knew I had to be the one to make the sacrificial decisions to save it for the world.

Sincerely,

Alyshia Holmes 




No comments:

Post a Comment